09 March 2008

Hi, I'm Christina and I'm an Internetaholic

I ride my bike as many places as I can, when the weahter's warmish, anyway.
I try to eat as much local, unprocessed food as possible.
I don't eat meat.
I print on both sides of the paper.
I bring home apple cores to compost them.
I bring home paper cups to recycle.
I feel guilty whenever I use styrofoam.

But, of course, just like many people who are much better greenies than me, I am still hopelessy addicted to the Internet and my computer probably stays on more than it really should.

But, a power bigger than myself has stepped in to try to curb my addiction, and maybe even use less energy. The internet connection at my house? Totally and completely kaputt.

But not only am I addicted to the internet, I am actually dependent on it to find out some of my homework assignments.

So, I absolutely had to come to the library this afternoon to gain access to that glorious window into the world.

There's some sort of irony, but it's not very direct, is it?

No comments: